Friday, January 21, 2011

New Year, New Projects and Goals



It's 2011 and this is the first time that I have had a chance to blog since August of 2010. Shameful. But! It's a new year and I have resolved to get back to the organized and sane person that I used to be. It sounds good, doesn't it?!

This year started off pretty quiet. Allan had lots of time off at Christmas because of it falling on a weekend. That meant time to have fun AND be productive! We spent lots of time playing Wii with the kids and goofing off. Then, we got down to business and painted the boys' bedroom. It has been in the planning stages since before the basement was started. The basement took priority and then I was just sick of painting. Then, the issue was me making a firm decision on the paint color. I still wasn't sure even while buying the paint at Sherwin Williams! I decided to wing it and went with Network Grey. Allan and I took a day to dismantle the room and prep the walls for paint. Another day was spent painting. Then, Allan put up a shelves that ran the length of the room on each side. The shelves were painted and then Shana and I painted the adjoining bathroom in the lightest shade from the Network Grey color swatch. When all was dry, I filled the shelves with all of the important things that the boys have been stashing away since we moved in. I still need to make a shower curtain, but that will involve me picking out fabric (another time-consuming task for my indecisive self).

I am happy to say that I am THRILLED with the end result!!! It has motivated me to actually hang things on their walls for the first time since we moved in almost 4 years ago. Next project, Emma's room. Let's hope that won't take as long to plan and initiate! We are going to start by visiting Karen Gray to pick out fabric and color ideas. I can't wait!!!
Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers