Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ohio Summer, Day 3

On day three of our Northern adventure, I planned to meet up with two of my best high school buddies - Rhonda and Amy. They both live in the Columbus area, so I decided to head down their way for a girls' night out, no kids allowed. Before leaving, Nana had to get an acupuncture treatment from cousin, Lisa. Lisa happened to be at the annual Schalk camp out. Nana was going to go and get her treatment, then come back to her house to watch Emma and Jack so I could go to Delaware to meet Rhonda. When Aunt Pat heard that they were in town and with Nana for the day, she insisted that they come and join the Schalk family party. I hated to impose on them, but I'm so glad I did! Those kids had a ball at Fred and Mary's backyard resort. They played in the pond and on a giant slip n' slide until well after dinner. I would even go so far as to say that they were SPOILED! From what I understand, Emma introduced Sarah to George Washington hair and it was quite a hit. :) For pictures of the kids at the camp out, you'll have to go to one of the Schalk's Facebook pages.

After dropping them off, I took off for Rhonda's house where I was greeted with a yummy sangria. Well, there were actually a couple of them! After slurping those down, we took off to pick up Amy and go to a local bar/restaurant. One of Amy's neighbors was in a band, playing there. They were great. The food was great and the company was the BEST! I had so much fun catching up with those girls! I spent the night at Rhonda's and was treated to yummy bacon and pancakes in the morning. I was feeling a spoiled myself!

Rhonda, Amy and I
Jack with his BIG birthday present
A racetrack!
Jack and Uncle Steve

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers