Monday, September 21, 2009

"Labor" Day

EVERY "working" picture of Debbie had this same expression. Let's think about that.
Godmothers shouldn't be a bad influence
Emma loves to pick on Aunt Janet
Chico, barking out the orders
Go Bucks!
Sharon would be ashamed. Dennis CAN'T work and talk at the same time.
Amy making the most delicious egg rolls ever. But where's the friiirice?
Some things took a bit more work. Notice Debbie's face?!
My hard-workin' man!
Ready for the siding!


Labor Day in Ohio this year gave a whole new meaning to the holiday's name. Some of us actually did some manual LABOR over Labor Day weekend. Allan took half a day off and we yanked Will and Emma out of school an hour early to hit the road for Ohio. We arrived at Mom S.'s house just in time for a cold beer before bed. Those are the best beers.
First thing Saturday morning, Allan hit the road for Chico's to start yanking off old siding and preparing for some new Certainteed fiber cement siding. Ahhhhh!!!!! I think I saw the house tremble with excitement at being covered with such a fine product. Mom, the kids and I arrived a little later - just in time to help make egg rolls and visit with Jill, Wyatt and Evan. Yeah!!!
I have to admit that it was a bit frustrating, sitting around watching the work being done and not being able to contribute. I'm pretty sure no one reading this has EVER seen me with a hammer in my hand, so I think you understand what I am saying. I can do my fair share of work, but construction is the one activity that you won't see me involved in. Nor do you want to!
Nonetheless, it was wonderful being to catch up with the girls. It was just good to be with family again after such a long time.
And it made me happy to see Allan with his brothers. They really love to work together. It was great to be able to give back after all that they have given to us.
The kids had a great time playing with Wyatt while he was there, playing on the skateboard ramp in the barn, peeing in the corn field (inside story) and picking tomatoes. A good time was had by all!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers