Friday, June 22, 2007

Celebrating Mom Z's birthday

On Thursday we celebrated Mom's birthday a little early since we wouldn't be with her on the actual day. The kids took her to a nursery and each picked out a perennial to plant in her rock garden. They helped plant them and then Will helped puts rocks around the garden that Nana was creating.

I would have had pictures of this lovely event, but Jack was beginning to show signs of being tired. Well, I may as well be honest, he was a complete monster that day. It started with trying to put his upper body in the ponds that held water plants at the nursery. Then, he didn't want to leave the fish pond. As a result, I had to almost use a crowbar to put him in his car seat to go home. Once we were back at Nana's, he refused to take his much needed nap. Because he was so tired, he fell so many times that we lost count. One of the falls produced blood, at which point, I was ready to lose my patience that was already mostly gone. He never did fall asleep until we were back in the car and on the way to Grandma's. I hated to leave him with Grandma and Aunt Debbie, but he was sleeping and the guilt didn't last too long as I was off to have some fun with the girls in celebration of Mom's birthday!

I picked up the birthday girl and we drove to Mary Jo's where a beautiful blindfold was put on her. She hesitantly left with us and we drove her around and around before picking up a package (aka, Sharon). From there we went to Sonny Jack's for a cocktail and some groping. Still with the blindfold on, we took her to the Bel-Mar Boat Landing where we met some old acquaintances (not planned) and had another cocktail. By this time, we were about to be late for our reservations, so we had to scratch some stops off our list and head to the Pioneer Mill where we enjoyed a very lovely meal.

I realize that it was all about the birthday girl that night, but I really felt that I was the person of honor! I actually ate my food while it was hot and no one asked me to cut their food for them. I didn't have to run to the bathroom during the meal and no Disney movies were included in the conversation. Does it get any better than that?! What a treat!

The birthday girl/victim

After a couple of cocktails

She's happy to be another year older!

Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments:

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers