Thursday, November 19, 2009

Halloween 2009

One of our carved pumpkins
The soldier, the werewolf and the hippy chick.
Bella and Edward
Jack with his loot - notice the BIG smile

Halloween was a ton of fun this year! Jack's excitement was ridiculously contagious. We pulled out EVERY Halloween decoration that we could find and I even bought a few new ones (scarier ones, with Will's prompting). We had yellow crime scene tape around the tree house, skeleton heads hanging from posts and creepy rotting cloth hanging from doorways. I have to say, I was happy to take down the cloth because I had to duck to go through the doorway and I would sometimes forget at night when the lights were off! We also carved pumpkins and then toasted the seeds for the first time. It was a hit with everyone. And if I do say so myself, we had some pretty awesome looking pumpkins!
On Halloween night, we ordered pizza and then hit the streets of our neighborhood for trick-or-treating. Since we live in such a small neighborhood with only a couple of houses, we left candy on the doorstep and Allan and I dressed up to walk the kids around. What a hoot! It was a really warm night with mist in the air, so it was a perfectly creepy Halloween night. The kids hit the mother load. Neighbors gave them treat bags filled with every kind of candy imaginable. When we got to the last house, it started to pour down rain. Thankfully, it wasn't far from home, but we still got a bit wet. The minute the kids were in the door, bags were dumped and assessments were conducted. Jack was running through the house screaming, "I got a HERSHEY bar! Can you believe it?! I got a HERSHEY bar!" It was hysterical and we were all laughing. Clearly, my kids don't get much candy.
We raked in so much candy, that as of today (11.21.09), we still have three buckets sitting around and I think I have gained 10 pounds from eating it everyday.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool carvings! I left my pumpkins whole and the squirrels carved them for me :)

Alicia said...

Awesome pumpkin & sweet costumes! I'm also jealous of all of the candy....oh to be a kid again!

Nana said...

LOVE the hair,Edward!

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers